April 2014 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Our educational partner Prep101 – Canada’s #1 exam prep service for university students – is offering Prep Sessions for Final Exams in the courses below:
Why Should You Attend?
1. You’ll get 12 hours of classroom instruction from an expert prep instructor who’ll show you what types of questions to expect and how to solve them.
2. You’ll get a free customized Study Guide with everything you need to know excel on your Exam.
3. You’ll get a higher mark on your Exam.
For more info about Prep101′s services for U of T students, go to http://prep101.com/home.php?school=1
Writing the #MCAT this summer? Reserve your test date and location soon at https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/ to get your first choices. Select an August date to give yourself all summer to study. And don’t forget Prep101′s MCAT Prep Course - http://prep101.com/mcat/ - will help boost your #MCAT score! Email us for our exclusive Prep101 discount code!
Thanks to all who came by to our Meet-and-Greet! It was great to meet all of you and we hope you made a few new friends today!
We also want to thank everyone who ran in our elections. Needless to say, everyone gave really great speeches and proved themselves to be experienced and well qualified candidates! The counts came in pretty close for a few of our positions, but we want to congratulate:
Alana Changoor- First Year Rep
Kelly Le- Events Co-ordinator
Vivian Tia- Academic Advisor
Hey MSSU members! Several things we need to bring to your attention!
1) We recently launched a new Facebook group! This is yet another way for you guys to keep up with the news and events by the MSSU so be sure to join the group and invite your friends as well! We also recommend everyone in the Mentorship program (both mentees and mentors) to join this group!
2) The MSSU Meet-And-Greet is happening next Monday (September 30th) from 2:30 to 5:30 at the Junior Commons Room in University College. This is a great opportunity to meet other members of the MSSU, the execs, and your mentor/mentee! There will be games, prizes, and snacks so do take the time to show up!
Thanks to all our new first-years for coming out to the UTSU Club’s Fair today! It was great to see all of your lovely faces!
Just a reminder that we are still accepting applications for both Mentors and Mentees in our Mentorship Program this school year!
If you are looking to be a Mentor, please fill out this form:
If you are looking to be a Mentee, please fill out this form:
Thanks all! We’ll keep you updated about our upcoming Meet-and-Greet! Cheers!
The UTSU Clubs Fair is this Wednesday September 4th from 10am-2pm at the Hart House Circle!
Come find the MSSU booth to meet our friendly exec members and find out more about MSSU and the events that we have planned for you this year! As well, you’ll be able to apply for our Mentorship Program, get some free MCAT/PCAT/GRE/+more resources, and of course, free candy! (we have lots)
Hope to see you there!
<Cross Post from Facebook>
Course selection is just around the corner (well almost). Here’s something we think might help ease your selection process!
Updated to the 2013/14 Calendar, http://findacourse.ca/index.php is a great resource that allows you to easily search for courses and formulate a timetable.
You may have noticed the site looks entirely different. With the 2012-2013 school year coming to an end, we have a new exec team running the MSSU for the next school year. One of the main goals of the new exec team is to fully utilize the MSSU website, so be sure to check back more often than you did before!
Thank you everyone who was able to come to the clubs fair! It was a great success!
We will be updating all of you shortly about our events soon! As mentioned, the first year’s research seminar will be in the fall, so keep a lookout for that in October.
Have a great start to the school year!
P.S. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please click here!
Thank you to everyone who attended the research seminar! It was a great success and I’m sure those who came out found it useful!
Please check out our CV and cover letter workshop that we’re holding later in next term!